The Project "Printing" kicked off. I came up with some designs based on my short journey's records. I chose grain of a tree as back ground image I had found outside in shot journey, and I used man face on a poster.
I got started to make a mold with a scalpel, and I found out one problem that it is impossible to express grain patterns in black and white, therefore I adjusted the saturation at the minimum point and increased the contrast. It became more vivid and clear to see, but it has grey parts, so I inverted the colour and decided to carve lines on the border between the grain patterns.
After finish carving, I took some images outside, my work on lots of textures looks so much more nice than on white mount board, however the grain patterns on the mold are still hard to make out. Thus I hit up on an idea that I print the patterns on a piece tracing paper and put the copy on the mold. this idea worked well. There is another idea in my mind, its that put in ink in a different way, on grey parts put ink weakly, and on black strongly, that's how it could get the contrast and seem more real.